15.1. Geometry Engine¶
Open Cascade Framework an open-source software development platform for 3D CAD, CAM, CAE, etc.
Shapely is a BSD-licensed Python package for manipulation and analysis of planar geometric objects. It is based on the widely deployed GEOS (the engine of PostGIS) and JTS (from which GEOS is ported) libraries. Shapely is not concerned with data formats or coordinate systems, but can be readily integrated with packages that are.
- Geometries: Point, LineString, Polygon, MultiPoint, MultiLineString, MultiPolygon, GeometryCollection
- Predicates: Intersects, Touches, Disjoint, Crosses, Within, Contains, Overlaps, Equals, Covers
- Operations: Union, Distance, Intersection, Symmetric Difference, Convex Hull, Envelope, Buffer, Simplify, Polygon Assembly, Valid, Area, Length,
- Prepared geometries (pre-spatially indexed)
- STR spatial index
- C and C++ API (C API gives long term ABI stability)
- Thread safe (using the reentrant API)